Sunday, March 11, 2012

Charlotte and its Cuisine




I have been in Charlotte, North Carolina for a project for almost two months now. I was optimistic about sharing my culinary experiences and hoping to put this place on the map. However, I have nothing good to say about the food here. I have tried almost anything and everything. I have even asked the locals and every place that I have tried I am so disappointed. I assumed if I went to the Ritz Carlton and tried the food at BLT that at least I would have something decent to eat. How do you mess up Short Ribs? Short Ribs is like chicken on a menu. You can't go wrong...PERIOD. Then, I went to a place called Aria Tuscan (something) twice and really wanted to give it a fair chance and ordered the Osso Buco. In both dishes there was no depth to it. I felt like they boiled the meats in water, no wine without any herbs or seasoning for hours. Neither were fork tender nor flavorful. Salt and pepper could not come to the rescue with these dishes.
When I first got here I went to Pewter Rose for brunch and had the Banana Foster French Toast and the crust was so hard I could have broken a window with it.
Then I tried the place across the way... The Liberty... some type of gastro pub and wow... just wow. How do you mess up a burger and how do you make a fish so greasy that I can ring it out.
You will not find fine dining here. Sorry to say.
I have also had their BBQ here (I guess that's what they are supposed to be famous for). Boiled meat is not good... NO BUENO.
I am sticking to grocery shopping at Earth Fare and making my own food.
At least when I was in Fresno, California last year I was taken by surprise by the good mom and pop restaurants. I gained so much weight but was proud of it.
I have thrown in the towel here in Charlotte. I am mortified!!
Here are some of the pictures that I have taken... Looks good?... Looks can be deceiving.

No comments: