Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Passing through Fresno


So I have been told that Fresno has the best BBQ.
Well I CONCUR! I visited Fresno Last week for a few days and for those of you that don't know what BBQ is... make the drive and feast for a week. There is nothing like Fresno BBQ... did I just say that again... I think I did. I ate bbq 3 days in a row and it was yummy yummy yummy to my big ol tummy.

Since my friend is a Fresno-ian Native... we went to the best places in town.

Quality Meats located on Chestnut and Clinton has the best Tri Tip out there. It is slowly bbq'd for 16 hours, thinly sliced with a homemade savory bbq sauce. It simply just melts in your mouth like butter.

Ruben's Ribshack- located on Clinton and Fresno Avenue
You can smell this place a mile away.
Ruben's has the best beef brisket>>> EVER>>>>
The first time I had brisket was when I was a teenager and it was tough and chewy. After that experience I stayed away. Well Ruben does it right. He cooks his Brisket for 16 hours on a huge smoker and makes his own sauce.
He was so kind that he gave me bbq sauce to go.
what I loved about Ruben's is that he gives free samples.
His food has SOUL.
Try his bacon green beans and peach cobbler.
The Best Dive in Cali

How could you go wrong in Fresno with the quality of beef when cows are in their backyard?

So worth the four hour drive :-)

No comments: