Sunday, October 16, 2016

Two Birds One Stone

Ever since Cyrus closed in Healdsburg I've been waiting for Douglas Keane to resurface. My heart broke when I heard he was closing. I rooted him on, Top Chef. Cyrus was the first time I truly experienced gastronomy on a plate and ate things I've never heard of. I believe the economy and the recession took him down. The timing was just awful.
Yesterday I was able to try out Two Birds One Stone. According to a few articles he has teamed up with another chef to create Japanese fare. Well if you've been to Cyrus and expect the same at 2birds 1stone you'll be disappointed. However, if you're looking for the perfect forbidden rice with a fried egg on top or waygu beef short ribs, you're in for a treat. It is truly done to perfection. Although I wasnt a fan of the radishes.
Again, I'm biased after experiencing Cyrus. I know it takes a while to get back on your feet. I hope and pray that he can bring Cyrus back. Maybe not to Healdsburg but St. Helena.

No comments: