Sunday, October 31, 2010

Crumbs Bake Shop

A friend of mine suggested I try Crumbs. Since it was my girl friends birthday I decided to buy an assortment of different flavors. To be honest I was really excited about trying Crumbs because they have locations in Los Angeles as well as NYC.
To say the least, I am still a Sprinkles fan and no other cupcake compares. Crumbs is very dry and the cup cakes are huge. Their frosting are elaborate and definitely makes your mouth water when reading the descriptions.
I tasted
Crumbs classic red velvet, cookies n cream, dulce de leche, baba booey and chocolate strawberry.
I wasn't happy at all. The cupcake itself as mentioned before were dry and lacked flavor. I felt like I was eating a grocery store cupcake that you bring to a Halloween office party. I wasn't impressed with the frosting flavors. I prefer to buy store bought frosting (Betty Crocker) and add my own cookies :-)
Unfortunately $36 dollars wasted.

No comments: