Sunday, November 7, 2010

Wine Cheese and Cracker Night- Wine of the Month



Peju Winery is one of my favorite wineries in Napa Valley. The last time I went wine tasting I was able to pick up a bottle of their 2006 Zinfandel.
The Zinfandel was very peppery but not as bold as a lot American wines you get in Napa. It's straight to the point and goes down smoothly. What I like most about Peju's wine is that I am never disappointed.
I went to Wholefoods last night and picked out a local Salami mixed with wine, an Italian dry salami (piccante), an aged (gouda) "houda" cheese and a truffle tremor cheese. The truffle tremor cheese had a double layer of brie and goat cheese. It was absolutely beautiful!
My favorite crackers are made by LA Panzanella. What I like most about their crackers is that it doesn't take away the flavors of the cheese or meats you are eating. Its light and crispy and not too doughy. You can find these crackers in your local Wholefoods or Oakville Grocer in Napa Valley.

No comments: