Monday, April 14, 2014

Drago Centro

The word of the day is: PERFECTLY! Had a very great meal Saturday evening at Drago Centro. I read a few mixed reviews but not sure how anyone could complain. I had one of the most solid meals here in L.A. After the 3rd attempt to go to this place (I had to cancel due to rain lolol) I finally made it. We ordered a simple apple and bacon salad that was dressed perfectly as a starter. We decided to split the Pheasant Pasta with morel mushrooms. MMMMMMMMMM!!!! I enjoyed every bite and if I could have licked the bowl with the sauce I would have but I had to show class. It was perfectly seasoned and the pappardelle pasta was perfectly soft with a little al dente to it. For our main entrees I had the branzino (fish) with crispy polenta, asparagus, capers, tomatoes. Again, the fish was cooked to perfection with a salty crispy skin (the way I like it). The best surprise was the crispy polenta that looked like a wrapped piece of yummy-ness. My guest ordered the duck breast with heirloom risotto cake, beets, cauliflower, snap peas. Lets just say I am going to learn how to make crispy risotto. Its on my to-do list this year. For dessert we had the La Terrine -chocolate and olive oil terrine, salted caramel gelato, almonds. It was the perfect way to end a meal because this dessert had me over than darn moon. When you combine all the ingredients together it was like a perfectly salty, a bit of crunch Neopolitan flavor you could think of. At this point I was ready to forfeit going home and going the nearest friends house to crash. Ok okay I can't forget the ambiance... It's what L.A. has been missing for quite some time. I am not into the whole Gastro Pub feel. I love elegance and I loved that most of the men wore Sports Coats and all the ladies had dresses on. I decided to go for a goddess look. As you can see I posted a picture taken on my porch before I left.

No comments: