Wednesday, February 17, 2010

V Sattui Winery-St. Helena







V. Sattui is located in St. Helena, Ca.

V. Sattui has many fond memories for me. The first time I saw this place was ten years ago with one of my best friends, Norma. That day, we decided to take the "Napa Valley Wine Train". On our way through Napa Valley on the Train we witnessed a wedding take place. I remember saying to her, "If I ever got married it would be here".
V. Sattui Winery is one of the most beautiful, fun, picturesque places you'll visit in Napa Valley, not to mention this winery has won many accolades. I love this winery because it has picnic grounds to have a picnic with others and enjoy great wines. They also have a great gourmet cheese deli. I recommend tasting and buying their artichoke cheese spread. Once you have one taste you can't help but eating the rest. For those that don't enjoy garlic, I wouldn't recommend it but since I enjoy garlic I don't mind it seeping through my pores :-)
I especially enjoy V.Sattui's dessert wines. My favorite is the Angelica. The Angelica is a muscat wine infused with Brandy. A little goes a long way. To me, it is to be sipped slowly. The Angelica has a smoothe finish and sweet taste but not a burning sensation that most brandy's give. My sister and her husband are also big fans of this wine. I just learned that they only have a limited batch so I will be ordering a case soon. Every time I take someone to this winery they fall in love with their wines, the grounds and all that it has to offer.
One of my favorites was the 2005 Gewurztraminer. Unfortunately they sold out. I have tried several of their new ones but I haven't been impressed with their recent gewurztraminers. On my visit I did purchased a semi sparkling moscato and cannot wait to open this bottle of wine with loved ones.


This winery gets 5 stars!!!!

No comments: