Monday, February 1, 2010

Curry House- Los Angeles (off Sawtelle)




After returning home from visiting family in Minnesota I decided to stop at the Curry House in Los Angeles off Sawtelle. I ordered the Chicken Curry Udon. As I've blogged before I am a huge fan of Japanese curry soups and have frequented several restaurants.
My take on "Curry House" Chicken Curry Udon;
I would say that their curry was very flavorful and their chicken portions were not small. Most Curry houses seem to skimp on the main ingredient which can become frustrating. I enjoyed that it came out in a beautiful cast iron bowl and it was piping hot. On the side I ordered fried shimp to dip into my curry soup, which made it even better. My only complaint is that they flavored the broth with apples. Since I usually don't like my food to be sweet unless its a dessert I prefer my soup and food to be on the savory side.

Kyushu Ramen in Van Nuys is still my favorite and I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

~~Domo~~ said...

This is down the street from my job! I ALWAYS go by this place, I LOVE their garlic spicy curry chicken....