Monday, March 31, 2014

Farmstead~Napa

I've seen this restaurant more than a dozen times while driving highway 29 but never stopped because it always looked crowded.  Luckily it rained Saturday because I finally got my chance to check them out and see what this adorable restaurant looks like in the inside. This restaurant really envelops what a farm to table restaurant should look and feel in a very upscale chic way. Its a very open and lit restaurant which gives you a very nostalgic feeling (for those of you that grew on a farm). :-)
I ordered the steak carpaccio but somehow a steak tartare came out. Im not complaining because it was really tasty!! I love how it was served with an open egg yolk and finishing salt. The argula was dressed perfectly which balanced out the entire dish.
I also ordered the sole fish served with a butter lemon sauce over smashed fingerling potatoes and sauteed spinach. My main entree was recommended by my server Emily. It was a great light recommendation since the gnocchi with ragu beef was sold out.
I cant wait to return.

No comments: