Sunday, March 23, 2014

Monte Carlo Deli - Burbank

I forgot about this gem nestled in Burbank as I was contemplating making home grilled pizzas. However,  if you're looking to buy the best sauce, burrata cheese, sausage, pepperoni and anything authentically Italian this is your place. I also purchased some imported prosciutto and lets just say I will never buy the domestic stuff again. I realized the domestic stuff is chewy. The imported prosciutto melts in your mouth.

Unfortunately I ate the canoli and dont have a picture but it was pretty good. I must admit its not as good as my friends husband mother Chef John Leone. She just has that special touch! But I'm not shunning it all.

The next time I come I plan to have the gelato. Mmmmm

Below is my finished grilled pizza with burrata , kalamata olives, pepperoni and fennel sausage. 

No comments: