Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dots Cupcakes- Pasadena


Some friends recommended this place over Sprinkles in Beverly Hills. I don't know... I have to disagree with their opinion. I tried several of the cupcakes at Dots and they were completely dry, no moisture and tasted like they came out of a box. There was only flavor in the frosting. My issue with only having flavor in the frosting is once the frosting has been eaten where's the flavor? I want to be able to eat the cake portion and still enjoy every bite without the frosting. That's just my opinion. Since most of these cupcakes don't have preservatives, why not go all out??
I noticed that there is a lot of these cupcake shops popping up and although I find them really cute I think my sister should go into her own cupcake business. Her "Black Bottom Cupcake" would blow them all out of the water. I'd rather my cupcake just be the sin of all sins with 800 calories in each one.
My suggestion: Instead of making a bunch of different flavors just focus on 4 or 5 flavors and make them wickedly tasteful and moist.

No comments: