Sunday, March 21, 2010

Oinksters- Eagle Rock, Ca







As you all know my television is permanently set on the Food Channel all day, week and year long. As my television was playing in the background I heard Guy Fieri mention that Oinksters has one of the best Pastrami sandwiches ever. Of course I must of had dog hearing from my shower because I jumped out and had to rewind the episode to see what he was talking about. For those of you that have visited my blog in the past I love Pastrami sandwiches not because of the yummy flavor but because it really does remind me of living here in California. You cant find pastrami anywhere else in the country that taste so good.
Last night I had a sudden urge to drive 30 miles from my house to check this place out at 10p.m. (BTW: they close at mid-night). Since I hadn't eaten since 2p.m. I was starving. I ordered the Oinksters Pastrami sandwich which had caramelized onions, gruyere cheese and red cabbage. What a great combination. The bread was toasted to perfection. The meat was so flavorful that I ate it extremely slow because I wanted to taste the flavors in the meat. I typically put a generous amount of mustard on my pastrami but it didn't need it.
The sandwich comes with french fries and their very own garlic aioli dip. They also make their own mustard and ketchup. The ketchup had a beautiful red color to it and had a hint of cinnamon in it. It was addicting.
I couldn't stop eating....lol.... my tummy hurt so bad because I ate too much.
I'm definitely going back.

No comments: