Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce- The sauce is the boss!



In 2003 a friend of mine turned me onto Sweet Baby Ray's Bbq sauce. I remember buying all types of bbq sauces trying to find the perfect one. I wasted so much money over the years. After I tried Sweet Baby Ray's I rarely ever make my own unless I am going for a more distinct flavor. Sweet Baby Ray's has the perfect savory taste. Its not too sweet, smoky, tangy or vinegary. There is nothing more annoying than a bbq sauce that has too much of one ingredient. I remember years ago not wanting to have bbq at a friends house because I knew she would only buy bull eyes bbq sauce. (That is probably one of the worst sauces I have ever had. Honestly I wish they'd discontinue it). So a mutual friend and I got together and volunteered that we'd go to the store and pick up the sauce. My friend wasn't too happy at first because she had purchased 12 bottles of Bullseye Bbq sauce. We told her we promise that her bbq party would be a success if she just trusted us.
Later on...
It was no surprise everyone raved about the bbq that night.
Everytime I am in a grocery store and I am buying bbq sauce and I see someone looking for bbq sauce I just tell them don't waste their time, buy Sweet Baby Ray's. LOL... plus its the cheapest sauce on the shelf!! You can't beat that.

Quick Tip: Always wait to apply bbq sauce till the end. Typically wait until the last five minutes of cooking before applying. If you apply it before it will burn the skin and your meats will not cook thoroughly. You don't want to risk the chance of samonella poisoning. Also use a paint brush when applying bbq sauce, it spreads more evenly.

No comments: