Sunday, March 21, 2010

Falcon Hollywood- Hollywood, CA






Falcon is a very beautifully decorated restaurant and bar with Hardwood floors, romantic dim lighting, comfortable seating and a good DJ to set the mood. We were invited by our friends the Hays since they frequent the restaurant a few times a year.
Too bad for us that night poured cats and dogs and it was Oscar Night. Who would had known that driving a block in Hollywood could take you twenty minutes.
Well, it seemed like nothing went well that night when it came to service. Our waitress was horrible!!!! Not only did she totally screw up our order she charged us for 5 meals for 4 people. She also let me order a side of vegetables when the same exact vegetables came with the meal. We had to get the hostess several times to get her to come back when we needed things such as drinks. The first time around she only brought half of our drink order and we had to wait 20 minutes for the other half. At the end of our evening we had to speak to the general manager who said that she was new and that she was French. After he said that I think I mentally checked out because I couldn't believe someone would use that as an excuse why the service was so horrible. He also tried to blame it on the fact that it was Oscar night and they were catering to a lot of celebrities which I did not see one. LOL!!!
When you have bad service it tends to over power the food but the most memorable thing on the menu was the Blue Ginger Mojito. It was probably one of the best cocktails I have ever tasted. The drink is so good that you forget that there is alcohol in it.
As far as the food. It was a little better than average but I think they were having an off night. My friends always have a good time. I am willing to give them another try on a less busy night and a request that there is a better waitress. Too bad we hardly saw her I would have taken a picture of her. :-)

No comments: