Monday, July 27, 2009

Brix Restaurant*Garden*WineShop- Napa, Ca



















I have been to Brix several times. I have mixed reviews about the food here. The food hasn't always been consistent. My visit before last my food was delicious. They prepared a nice Valentine's Day menu. This last visit I was disappointed. I ordered the lamb osso bucco and there was no flavor. The presentation was not appealing either which should of been a clue that this dish was not going to sit well on my palate. My guest ordered the duck breast and another guest ordered the prosciutto halibut. I tasted a piece of the duck and felt the same way, it was way too tough and I had to fight to cut a piece off. I have prepared duck breast before and all you need is salt, pepper and garlic powder. I prefer to grill it and prepare an orange ginger sauce. My other guest did enjoy their halibut but at that point I was unwilling to try.
What I can say is that I appreciate the warm environment and how the restaurants renewed farm-to-table dining is a napa valley country classic. The restaurant has two acres of fresh fruit and vegetables and is absolutely breath taking.
I will return to this restaurant once the chef changes the menu and adds flavor.

2.75 out of 5 stars Flavor
5 out of 5 stars ambiance

No comments: