Friday, July 3, 2009

KATSUYA - Sushi



Being a huge Sushi fan that I am and being half Japanese I decided to pay Katsuya Sushi a visit. The ambience is fun, trendy and sexy. And....From what I have been told many celebrities are frequently seen here.
As my friend and I are greeted by the hostess we were instantly sat down at the sushi bar. Now we had some catching up to do for I haven't seen her since she moved to Israel over a year ago.
First, I order the Halibut Usuzukuri-thinly sliced with citrus sauce which was pretty tasty but I have tasted this before. However, it was thinly sliced and beautifully presented. My friend ordered the Hanabi- Spicy Yellowtail with mango on grilled rice cakes. I can honestly say I wasn't a fan of this concoction, it was forgettable.... I can hardly remember the taste. I then went on to order the Kobe Beef Filet with Foie Gras. Unfortunately, this dish was pretty lackluster. The Kobe beef was overcooked and the foie gras did not seem to marry well. I was told that this was one of their most popular dishes by management and was thankful that my dish was comped.
$$
Ambience: Great
Drinks: Great
Food: 2.5 out of 5 stars

No comments: