Friday, July 3, 2009

Downtown Culver City-Los Angeles' best kept secret. Jasmine's Kitchen goes to Akasha

A true native of Culver City. I am proud to say I was actually born here. 15 years ago my younger cousin and I would walk five miles to go the movie theatre on Washington Boulevard. Then, nothing was there but a movie theatre. Downtown Culver City has been become a quaint charming collection of outdoor cafes, galleries,landmark buildings such as the iconic Helms Bakery Design and much more.
As I carefully scoped out each restaurant I came across Akasha Restaurant/Bar/Bakery as quoted from their website. The atmosphere and decor was definitely my type of restaurant. My first selection from the menu was Akasha's Niman Ranch Lamb Sliders with feta cheese, arugula and tomato chutney. Honestly, these sliders were cooked to perfection and by far the BEST Slider I have ever had. As my main course I had their Signature Dish Star Anise Braised Short Ribs with ginger & pink peppercorns, parsnip-potato puree heirloom carrots. My short ribs were cooked for six hours and falling off the bone. My guest had the Grilled Pork Chop with bacon cheddar, snap peas & corn succotash and Cajun Jus. We were pleasantly surprised by our meal and will definitely go back to try new things on the menu. Not to mention their wine selection was great as well.
$$
4 out of 5 stars
Great for date night
Great for dessert
Great for cocktails



No comments: