Monday, July 27, 2009

Jasmine's Kitchen attends 31st Annual Gilroy Garlic Festival
















Three days of incredibly garlicky wonderful food Gilroy celebrates its 31st annual festival. Gilroy's Garlic Festival was one of the most organized and comfortable food festivals I have ever attended. Once you park a free shuttle takes you to the festivals grounds. Over two tons of garlic was used to host this event by Christopher's Ranch.
During my tasty adventure I tasted garlic popcorn, garlic egg rolls, garlic ice-cream, garlic corn, garlic guacamole, craw fish, shrimp etoufee, fried green tomatoes and gourmet's alley's Shrimp Scampi. Garlic, Garlic, Garlic was coming out of my pores! What I realized is once I tried the garlic ice-cream I couldn't tell that there was garlic in it. Most people that tasted the garlic ice-cream loved it or could do without it. I enjoyed watching the cooking demonstrations and people watching. Next year I hope to compete in the competition and give Gilroy a taste of something special from Jasmine's Kitchen.

No comments: