Monday, January 18, 2010

Harry's food and cocktails- Minneapolis, Minnesota




After the game a few friends and I headed over to the Harry's located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The decor is very modern with hardwood floors, high ceilings, dim lighting, see through kitchen where you can see the hustle and bustle of the staff.
The one thing I was excited about trying on the menu was the crispy fried frog legs. I have only tried frog legs once before but Harry's was sold out. I couldn't believe it, guess it tasted like fried chicken. LOL In its place I tried the crispy shrimp with an Asian sweet and sour sauce. It wasn't the frog legs but it was a great substitution.
I decided to order the Scallops with orzo, wilted spinach and mascarpone cheese. The wilted spinach was a nice touch to the dish, it gave the dish texture. My friends and I were all laughing because the scallops were huge! We wondered which farm they came from?? I was actually full after eating two scallops.
The scallops were seared perfectly and very well seasoned however, I wasn't a huge fan of the roe that was on top of the scallops. Although it gave it more of a seafood flavor, I believe a little goes a long way.
I also ordered the lemon cheesecake to go. To die for.

No comments: