Monday, January 4, 2010

The Original Pancake House- Las Vegas-New Year







The Orginal Pancake House has been around since 1953 and has over 100 franchises throughout the U.S. After a long night of gathering with friends and family for the New Year we decided to fill up at the Orginal Pancake house.
The Orginal Pancake House orginal founder has put together a menu of authentic and ethnic pancake recipes.
After long contemplation I decided to try their signature dish which was their Apple pancake. The apple pancake takes 18 minutes to bake. The also have 3 others that take 18 minutes to bake such as the Dutch Baby and the German which is more of a savory pancake.
The Apple pancake is a pancake that is smothered in apples, and a cinnamon glaze. The apple pancake was dismal to my taste buds. There was too much egg in the batter and felt like I was eating bastilla without the meat. I ate 4 bites and I was done. Some people have an infinity for eggs but for some reason I can only eat one and then I feel nauseated.
To their defense The Original Pancake House does use quality ingredients. I should have went with my first choice which was the German.
A good friend of mine did suggest this dish after the fact but it's okay. I will give them one more try when I return.

No comments: