Monday, January 18, 2010

Louisiana Cafe- St. Paul, Minnesota





Louisiana cafe is located on Selby in St. Paul, Minnesota. As a little girl I remember Selby Avenue being the street that divided the affluent from the non affluent. Now, fifteen years later Selby has changed little by little with new restaurants , markets and stores.
On Sunday my sister and I decided to have breakfast at Louisiana cafe. To my surprise the cafe did not have grits as an option. I assumed that if you have a "southern" cafe that grits would be an option. Since I was heading off to the Vikings game I didn't want to order anything too fancy off the menu because I was a little hungry. The blackened catfish breakfast was tempting but I will have to save it for my next visit.
I ordered the crab cake Benedict which was very tasty and delicious. Although I say that this dish was tasty I am mostly complimenting the crab cake. The hollandaise sauce could had been a little lighter. Almost tasted like the hollandaise sauce that you purchase out of a packet and add water. I wasn't a big fan of it but the egg was poached perfectly and the crab cake was extra crispy and well seasoned.
I also ordered a short stack of pancakes.... nothing special.
Louisiana cafe is a decent place to go if you are looking for a place to eat on Sunday. I would asked to be seated at the window so that you can enjoy the sunshine and fully enjoy your cafe experience.

No comments: