Sunday, May 9, 2010

Nino's First Communion Party






I was honored that Chef Nikita and her husband Chef Leone asked me to assist their son Nino's first communion party. It was a beautiful day in sunny California and I was looking forward to seeing my first, first communion party.
On the menu:
Caprese
Meatballs
Manicotti
cannoli
fruit salad
green salad with homemade terraza dressing
fried chicken
greens
cornbread muffins
macaroni and cheese
Red Sangria
White Sangria
Strawberry Lemonade

Chef John Leone's mom made the manicotti, meatballs and cannoli. There is nothing like mom's homemade cooking. I've never had manicotti taste so good in my life. Usually I won't eat it because the ricotta cheese seems too grainy. I am not sure what she did but it was light and flavorful. It was fluffy and so tasty. Her canolli was out of this world. She told me her secret ingredient and I know she could sale these off the shelves in a heartbeat. I know I claim I'm not a dessert eater but I could not help but eating three in a row. (Thank goodness for the gym). It was such a sin to help in the kitchen on Saturday.
Saturday did not feel like I was cooking but just a lovely day in the kitchen. I had a lot of fun and look forward to working with them.

No comments: