Sunday, May 2, 2010

Takami Sushi- Los Angeles





So... we decided to celebrate one of my best girlfriends birthday at Takami Sushi Downtown, Los Angeles. Interest sparked when I was reading through a food magazine on cool locations to eat at. The restaurant is located in a high rise building. The view is absolutely gorgeous with a view of Downtown Los Angeles. The restaurant has a lounge area where there is a live DJ and dance floor. After eating you can walk over to the other side with a ticket they give you when you first arrive. The crowd is pretty young..... a little too young for me. It was funny watching all the girls in the middle of the dance floor and all the guys standing around them. It literally looked like a shark tank.
The Food
Not impressive. It was so so. I had the Takami Edamame (sauteed in garlic, butter and soy sauce) It was a little too tender. I like a little bite to my Edamame. When its over steamed it tends to be mushy but because I was hungry I pretty much ate the entire bowl. LOL
I also had the halibut carpaccio- my halibut was sliced too thick. If the meat isn't sliced thin enough it becomes a little chewy. It was topped with Yuzu sauce which is nice and tangy but because my meat wasn't cut right it was hard to enjoy it.
I tried my friends lobster salad. All I could taste was mayo. I believe that was what I ate although it said it was served with creme fraiche (aka sour cream). It wasn't light at all. The lobster was nice and sweet. It was served in a martini glass and the presentation wasn't all that spectacular.
Takami is a nice place to go but the food is alright... Would I go again... don't think so.
To make things worse on ride down back to our car in the elevator someone smelled really bad which really made me want to gag at the end of the evening. Just my luck!!

I will post more pics when my friends sends the rest :-)

No comments: