Monday, April 5, 2010

"Catch" Casa Del Mar- Santa Monica


Saturday I had a "Me Day" where I did everything I wanted to do. I guess we all need to relax and have time to soak in your own thoughts, right. :-)
Not sure what happened to my camera phone but I only have one picture of myself at this restaurant which is located in the Casa Del Mar Hotel in Santa Monica. I'm a little disappointed because the pictures of the restaurant are beautiful. The restaurant is beautifully decorated with a nice scenery of the ocean. It's nicely lit by natural sunlight and every seat has a view of the ocean. The colors are cream and brown which gives perfect lighting inside. All the seating is comfortable with a modern chic look and feel to it. The hardwood floors are distressed but it doesn't look too contrived.

About the food: I ordered a beef braised sandwich with horseradish and arugula salad on top. It needed a lot more seasoning and the meat was little tuff. I didn't care for it much. I also ordered the raspberry tart with raspberry sorbet. The dessert was definitely a comforting dessert and very good. I think they did a great job on the dessert.
Years ago I used to come to this place for happy hour and they had some of the greatest prices for happy hour. I will be back!

No comments: