Saturday, April 17, 2010

Roscoes Chicken and Waffles- Hollywood






I'm finally blogging on the famous "Roscoes Chicken and Waffles". I believe this is one of the first restaurants I went to when I moved to Los Angeles when I was a teenager. I remember when Roscoes was 24 hours and my friends and I would go there on the weekends because you were always guaranteed good food.
Before I went time this I worked out for 3 hours because I knew that I would be eating a lot. Since I am a creature of habit once I find something on the menu its hard for me to deviate and try others specials.
I always order the #9- 3 fried chicken wings and a waffle, side of collard greens and a Sunrise.
Lets start with the Sunrise drink, its a mix of lemonade and orange juice. You get a mix of sweet and tangy. Some people mix it all together or just let it be. I prefer to just let it be.
Roscoes Fried chicken is always fried to perfection with the perfect amount of seasoning and crispiness. A lot of my friends order the fried succulent chicken breast. The chicken is always juicy and never saturated with oil.
And their famous waffles- I can never eat the entire waffle but its always moist with a perfect amount of crisp. You really don't need butter and syrup because its good on its own but their waffles are unbeatable.
On our visit we ordered a side of beans and rice, mac n cheese and cornbread since I haven't tried these items before.
To my surprise the beans and rice were really good and favorful. Usually when going to a soul food restaurant the sides aren't really flavored.

If you like sweet and savory food you will loooove Roscoes Chicken and Waffles. You're always guaranteed comforting good honest food.

No comments: