Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!!







This was probably one of the best Easter holidays I've had in a long time. I took my time cooking and listening to music while drinking a great bottle of wine from Peju in Napa.
I have been saving this bottle of wine for two years. It's actually one of their table wines which was a varietal mix. I couldn't believe how delicious it was. I remember it was my first tasting of the day and knowing that it would have to be a special occasion before I'd share this beautiful bottle of wine with anyone.
Every year I make deviled eggs and try to find a new recipe. Well I think I have finally created the best recipe that is unique and flavorful. Deviled eggs tend to be dry and lack any kind of excitement if you don't think outside the box. I minced red onion, celery, bell pepper and added cumin, mayo, cream, red wine vinegar,relish cayenne pepper, dill and salt & pepper and paprika for garnish. The bonus flavor was the cumin which I never thought would of mixed well but it did. I really wanted to top it off with caviar but couldn't find any at the last minute since they closed down the local Bristol Farms store. :(
I also made yams with my special spices and asparagus with a bechamel sauce.
Last but not least.... I fried another Turkey!! It was extra succulent and crispy. It was so delicious.
What a great day!!

No comments: