Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Paris 2013 ~ The Love Chapter

Sorry my loves its been a while since I've last posted. I went on my annual Christmas / New Year trip to Paris and wow did I come back enlightened and in love. On my trip I was able to explore a new cooking school called La Cuisine Paris and learned how to properly break down a quail, parsnips puree, and make a delicious scallop appetizer. The Chef was amazing!! I even came back home and re-created the dishes and boy did my family love it. I also have a new found love for Macaroons and went back to the World Famous Laduree which was only 3 blocks from my rented apartment. Speaking of my apartment I was only steps away from Dallayou (French House of Gastronomy) on Rue du Faugbourg Saint-Honore. Every morning I picked up a mini quiche and apple juice (jus de pomme). Who knew I would be next to this huge treasure. I think it was must have been scallop season because scallops were everywhere. However, I'm not complaining. I also found a new restaurant which was (dah dah dah) on the same block of my apartment Le Boeuf sur le Toit. It was an amazing restaurant with a live jazz singer and pianist every night. I had one of the most amazing fillet fish that I couldn't stop eating and I ended up going back for the count down for the New Year! Each Trip I am always sure to stop by Lafayette Market to pick up items that I know I can't get at home. Not only does this place have cheese tastings, wine tastings, seafood tastings it has the best spice displays I have ever seen. I wish we had a grand gourmet center in L.A. (but people don't cook and enjoy good food the way the French do). You're probably wondering how could a small person eat all of this?? I eat in moderation and I EXERCISE!! Well, It looks like I will be saving up once again because I can't imagine being any other place than Paris for Christmas.

No comments: