Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tokyo Shabu Shabu

I was craving shabu shabu and was able to yelp one of my new favorites in Pasadena.  Tokyo shabu shabu is a fun date place and a good place to expose your friends to good food. What I loved about this place is that its clean and bright which gives you an inviting feeling. Since there were no tables available I decided to eat at the bar which was actually better because I was able to interact with the staff and get really good suggestions. Well to be honest our server Jade was awesome.  He knew the menu well and showed us how to set up our station. Normally when I've gone to have Shabu Shabu they only have one option which is the clear broth. What was amazing about this place is that it had over 10 options of broth from Kimchi to Pork to thai flavors which was nice. My favorite was the Kimchi because it was spicy and offered a depth of flavor to our kobe beef!! Yes kobe beef. It also came with a raw egg in which were able to poach in our broth. We also ordered the gyoza which was perfectly crispy on the outside and yummy in the inside. The price was very affordable.  My suggestion is to go during happy hour because the prices are cheaper. Lets just say 2 shabu shabu dishes, dessert,  gyoza and two drinks cost $40 and it was delicious! !

No comments: