Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Twist ~ Vegas

Twist by Pierre Gagnaire was recommended to me by Chef Ryan Rodeno. First lets just say the service is definitely first class. The restaurant was beautiful with a world class view of the strip.
Again we decided to do the Valentine's Day menu which was a successful choice.
I got to finally taste Venison. I have always been reluctant to try as I wanted to make sure it was done right. It was tender and beautiful and I have no future plans of tasting it anywhere else.  We also has the baby veal with an ice cream sauce. Yes a savory ice cream sauce!! When you say Twist this is the true food twist you expect.  The unexpected tasting of the night was the oyster with a banana chip on top. When you close your eyes... it was like being in the south of France on the beach.
Unfortunately I have one complaint about the pastry department.  The eau Claire was hard and burnt. I was really looking forward to what I've tasted in Paris.
Other than that my visit was worth every penny.  ★☆★☆★

No comments: