Thursday, February 6, 2014

Top Chef Season 11 ~ Why I am done watching

I don't watch whole lot of television because I honestly don't have the time but when I do I love to watch cooking shows to get inspiration on what to cook for my friends and family. Well....... with a whole lot of ...... I decided to watch Season 11 and loved watching Nina surpass her competition without sweating. Then all of a sudden Nick (supposedly the underdog) who never seasoned his food and had a short psycho temper comes out of no where and wins?!!! Beating Shirley and some other talented chefs???!! I was actually annoyed and just done. The previews kept implying that this was the hardest decision that Top Chef has made. What they really should have said was Tom Collichio spent over an hour changing the other judges mind because he did not want Nina to win. Honestly how does Nina and Shirley win almost every competition and Nick is at the bottom the entire season and then all of sudden he wins the entire thing? Was it because he needs the money for a new restaurant. Well I won't be going to his new restaurant especially if you're known for under seasoned food!! I know, I know I have a whole lot of passion about this reality show. Its kind of funny as I write this but I was already on the fence about watching it as I have become bored watching the same judges year in and year out. I say this all in good humor. Was it the editing? I am still perplexed!If Nick was "so good" and deserved to win over $100k then why didn't he win anything during the season? As the young kids say it nowadays, "I'm just saying".

No comments: