Monday, February 10, 2014

The Love Chapter ~ Deux Valentines Day

I know most men like to get out of this holiday but what's wrong with celebrating love? We all need it! It's not about the gift giving but just making each other feel special. I love flowers ranging from $10 and up (Mark's Garden, Mr. B's in Los Angeles, Wholefoods, Trader Joes). As I have professed before Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays next to Thanksgiving. If you haven't secured your reservations yet Good Luck. There is hardly anything available in Los Angeles or Las Vegas. Yes, I've checked. Well, if you're a last minute person such as most people you can always create a romantical dinner at home, surprise your loved one with a trip to Paris (according to tripadvisor tickets are less than $900 each) or celebrate love over the entire weekend. If you're not into cooking order a charcuterie plate with cheeses, meats and sparkly wine accompanied with truffles. I'd even suggest a cold seafood platter (crab, shrimp, oysters). Now that is romantical, isn't it? There's so many things to do without spending money at a restaurant but we ladies loved to be seen in our seductive dresses (well at least I wear one) and the attention from other ladies. It's true we don't just dress to impress our man. If you're alone... it's okay. Two years ago I was alone in Charlotte and under the weather but I invited a few friends over and we drank wine and had chocolates while we all spoke to our significant others on the phone (LOL). One of these days I will spend V-Day in Paris as Paris is the most romantic place on earth to me. How could you not be in love even when you're not in love being there. I've included a picture of me at the "Lock of Love" and The Palace of Versailles.

No comments: