Monday, November 16, 2009

Mi Piace an Italian Kitchen-I went back for round 2




A few weeks ago I went to Mi Piace's and they were sold out of the short ribs. I was a little disappointed but I knew I would be back. Last week I was able to meet with my girlfriend Christine for a quick lunch in Pasadena. Since we were both out there for business, why not go back and see if the short ribs were on the menu. :) lol


Thankfully the weather that day was a little brisk and we were in need of comfort food. YES we ordered the same thing and it was awesome!


I can't describe how tender these short ribs were. You could tell the short ribs were slow cooked for hours with perfect layers of flavoring. The wine sauce was perfect and no additional seasoning required. How could it be so perfect? Not to mention the short ribs were served with the BEST Polenta I have ever tried. The polenta was creamy and buttery and I could have eaten an entire bowl by itself. On top of the short ribs were little fried onion rings.... honestly they could have put more on there. :)


This place gets two thumbs up, a twist and a snap!!!


No comments: