Monday, November 2, 2009

Pumpkin Patches/ Apple Orchards/Peach Orchards-Have a fun cheap date with your family


For the past few weeks I have been researching various Orchards in So Cal and what I discovered is pumpkin, peach, and apple orchards are really fun especially for children. They are free most of the time and your kids can get a great learning experience out of the entire ordeal. Last week I visited Ananda Dham Organic Peach orchard. I had the time of my life. I was able to pick my own peaches, buy peach preserves and take lots of beautiful photos. My grandmother had a peach tree in our back yard growing up and it reminded me of her when I visited the peach farm. The smells were all so familiar and I felt like I was in heaven. Peaches have a lot of fond memories for me. There is also a meditation center there as well.
Some of the apple orchards I researched you can make your own apple cider and bake apple pies. So I say: Make a trip out of it :)

No comments: