Sunday, November 29, 2009

Providence- Los Angeles










Providence was nominated for BEST NEW RESTAURANT by the James Beard Foundation and has two michelin stars and... rightfully so. My friend and I believe this is the BEST restaurant in LA. Everything we ate was made to perfection. I started off with a great glass of Riesling Spatlese. It was a 2007 by ruben von buelwitz, kaselr nies'chen. It certainly opened my palate for my meal to come.
We were first given small appetizers (compliments of the chef) salmon with pepper corn and creme fraiche, wasabi marshmellow, cheese puff pastry and a cold carrot soup. This was only the beginning of my ultimate gourmet experience here at Providence.
The decor was beautiful with flowers scaving the walls. I love going to places where the decor inspires me to do something different to my home.
okay... back to the food..... lol
I ordered the Striped Bass with bone marrow. Can you say fork tender?? The bass melted in my mouth. The plate had the perfect amount of sauces to compliment the Bass and it did not over power the freshness of the fish.
My friend ordered the sea scallops from japan made with chanterelles and apple smoked bacon. The scallops were absolutely perfect and seared to perfection. The entire dish was comforting.
As an appetizer we ordered matsutake soup which had pork belly and pumpkin in it. DELISH!!! I am such a pork belly fan that you could probably put it in anything and I would love it.
For our dessert... we had the pineapple upside down cake with HORCHATA ice-cream. Wow! is all I can say. I'm not suppose to be having dairy right now but I had to. It was worth it. The chef could honestly sell this and make a fortune here in Los Angeles. I recommend this place for special occasions, dates, and nice business meetings.
5 stars!!!

This place is the ultimate culinary experience. It's not cheap but it's worth the price! $$$$. I want to Thank Stephanie (my foodie friend) for recommending this place to me. I can't wait to go back!

No comments: