Sunday, October 25, 2009

Back to Maru for Dinner- Valencia







This is my second review on Maru. Every time I go to Maru I go straight to the sushi bar. I kept saying that one day I would eat off their dinner menu. Well WALLA after four years I finally took the leap!
I had the Japanese curry lamb cooked medium rare topped with a tangy cilantro relish on top of a crispy rice cake. I don't know about you but I cannot get enough of Japanese Curry. I kept sopping the crispy rice cake in the curry sauce. I love Japanese Curry in soups especially. We also ordered the Beef Sukiyaki which is a soup served in a cast iron bowl with thinly sliced beef, cabbage, glass noodles or udon noodles in a sweet savory broth. Some people eat Beef Sukiyaki with a raw egg, which we requested. I couldn't help ordering something raw so we ordered the halibut sashimi served with a citrus ponzu sauce. The halibut was very delicate and light and hit the spot. Last but not least of my favorite is the chocolate lava cake, mmm mmm mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm! Not too many people can master the chocolate lava cake but Maru nails it! It has a perfect balance that is unexplainable. The molten chocolate in the inside is so moist. The chocolate lava dessert isn't too rich where you feel you need a glass of milk after each bite.
Dinner, sushi, dessert you will not be disappointed.

No comments: