Sunday, October 18, 2009

Kyushu Ramen Vs. Nippon Ramen










2009 has been a great year for me as well as Japanese food. For some reason I can eat Japanese food at least 3 times a week. Not sure if it's because it's innate or it's just the best food in the world to me. A few months ago while eating at Kyushu Ramen a guy was sitting next to me and swore up and down that Nippon Ramen was better. So I decided to check it out for myself.
I don't know where to begin but his taste buds were sadly mistaken. Maybe I ordered the wrong things but the Ramen was watery at Nippon. I had to add Japanese Curry sauce to my soup. I also ordered the Gyoza and it was the most gummiest gyoza I have ever had. I also ordered the Yakisoba which is like ordering an American hamburger although it's not a hamburger. The Yakisoba had a gel like glaze on top like oyster sauce. It didn't look right when they brought it to our table. When we asked if this was the right dish the staff looked at us and walked away. Not to mention the staff kept asking us every five minutes for the soy sauce. Unfortunately, we needed it because the food was inedible. I'm sorry to be so mean about Nippon Ramen but I can't help it. It was a waste of money. I had to go to Jack and the Box afterwards.

There is no comparison with these two restaurants. Kyushu Ramen is the best hole in a wall Japanese place in the valley.
My suggestions are the Japanese Curry. The Japanese Curry is the most soothing flavorful soup you'll ever have. It's like curling up with a good book on a rainy day.
I also suggest the fried chicken appetizer, chicken gyoza, plum wine and the fried banana wonton dessert.

No comments: