Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Mi Piace an Italian Kitchen- Pasadena











I love Old Town Pasadena. There is always something to do whether you want to shop, meet for tea, eat great food or go out on a night on the town. Mi Piace is located right in the heart of all the action in Old Town. Mi Piace has the perfect setting for a great meal whether you choose to eat inside or outside. The look and the feel is modern chic and their lounge area is fun and classy.
Saturday I got a chance to hang out with one of my favorite couples while eating awesome food. Initially I ordered the Braised Short Ribs but they were all sold out. It was a bummer. BUT...... I really enjoyed my lamb osso bucco over a mushroom risotto. My lamb was slow cooked to perfection and I can genuinely say the risotto was the best I ever had. There was layers and layers of flavors and I enjoyed every bite. We also ordered the Veal with the bone in topped with Morel mushrooms. I have never tasted a veal cooked so perfectly. The veal was on special for the night. So I am not certain if its on their regular menu but if it isn't, it should be.
I've been to this restaurant several times and I have never been disappointed. I really recommend this restaurant. It's fun, good food and a good environment.
I also recommend the Shrimp Scampi and the Bolognese.


Two thumbs up!

No comments: