Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rosemary Honey Lavender French Toast






I thought I'd share a typical Sunday Breakfast in my household with you. French Toast has always been my favorite over pancakes and crepes.
When I first headed to the the store I was looking for Brioche but all they had was Challah bread. To be honest Challah tastes a lot better.

1 loaf Challah Bread (Wholefoods)
3 cups heavy cream
1 egg
3 tbsp Moiselle Spices (found on my website)
1 vanilla bean seeded
1 tbsp vanilla bean extract

Preheat Griddle 375 degrees. Spray or butter griddle

Whisk all ingredients together.

Cut Challah bread into 1 inch slices and soak bread in mixture for 5-10 seconds.

Place on griddle until golden brown on each side(3-5 minutes).


Lavender, Rosemary Syrup
In a bowl place 4tbs honey with 1 sprig of rosemary and 2 tsp lavender. Microwave for 35 seconds. The rosemary and lavender will infuse in honey.

Drizzle over french toast.

No comments: