Monday, October 5, 2009

Quick Pizza/Flat Bread in 30 minutes or less for 2




The other day I was extremely hungry and didn't have much time to waste. ;-) As I was driving home I stopped by Albertson's (Grocery Store). In front of the door display, I saw pre-made Naan Bread. The instructions read 5 minutes in the oven. Then, a light went off in my head. My husband had purchased me a cookbook on pizza all around the world. I noticed a lot of the recipes called for making your own naan bread as the crust. Since I am not a baker and don't claim to be the cookbook sat in the cupboard for over a year.
I knew at that moment I had a bunch of stuff in my refrigerator that I could put on my "gourmet pizza". The trick is to pre-cook your ingredients first and then place on top of the Naan bread and place in the oven for 5 minutes. For those of you that appreciate a flat bread style pizza, you will surely enjoy this recipe. I know I will use this recipe as an appetizer for guest.

Ingredients:
2 pieces naan bread
4 tablespoons tomato sauce
1 tsp oregano
8 slices of pancetta
8 shrimps (grilled)
4 slices peppered salami
8 kalamata olives
1/4 - 1/2 cup of any type of cheese you desire for each pizza (buffalo mozzarella and burrata cheese)
1 tbsp chopped basil (sprinkle on top after pizza has been cooked)
or 1 cup of arugula salad and drizzle olive oil on top.

Directions

Preheat oven 400 degrees

On a baking sheet place foil on top. Then place your meats pancetta, pepperoni, salami and put in oven. Depending on how you like your meats I prefer 4 minutes on each side. (I like mine extra crispy.) If you like vegetables such as onions, bell peppers and mushrooms lightly sautee ingredients with olive oil in a skillet while your meats are in the oven.
Remove meats from oven and place to side. Do not turn off oven. Next, place two tablespoons of tomato sauce on each Naan Bread and sprinkle oregano on top. Then add your cheese. Place your other ingredients on top except your fresh herbs or salad (basil and arugula.) Place in oven for 5 minutes

No comments: