Sunday, August 30, 2009

Big Sugar Bake Shop - Studio City







I'm not a person that eats too many sweets but this place caught my eye as I was shopping for something for my anniversary. When I first walked in I thought, how cute. The colors are light blue and brown which was very inviting. I appreciated the chic decor with a modern touch to it.
The first thing I see is the "wall of fame" of magazines that I am assuming the shop is being featured in.
First I ordered the lemon bar just to get a feel for the place. My sister makes the best lemon bars so I figured if they were as good as hers then I could possibly order a cake for my special day.
(Their lemon bar was pretty tasty with a nice buttery crust.)
The staff was very pleasant and helped me select a 4 inch personal chocolate cake with vanilla bean butter cream frosting.
How could you go wrong?
Unfortunately, there was nothing special to this cake. I think its a sin when you own a bakery and your cake taste like its straight out of the box. The cake was dry and tasted like water added to synthetic chocolate powder. The butter cream was too light and it was caked on heavily. I could have saved $25 by baking it myself. We took a few bites because it was our anniversary but we both had that look in our eye and stopped eating it. I'm saddened that I will not be returning to this place because it was so darn cute.


Taste 1 out of 5 stars.

No comments: