Monday, August 3, 2009

Make your life easier with these cooking gadgets





Over the years I have tried many products to reduce time in the kitchen. I would like to share of few of these items with you so that cooking becomes more enjoyable for all you busy people out there.

1. Mini food processor- saves counter space! Use it to mince garlic, chop onions, bell peppers, make pesto sauce, salsa etc... yields 3-4 cups. $10-$40

2. Chef's Knife- A modern chef's knife is a utility knife designed to perform well at many differing kitchen tasks, rather than excelling at any one in particular. It can be used for mincing, slicing, chopping vegetables, slicing meat, or even disjointing large cuts of beef or ham. $89-and up. I prefer Wustof and I am glad I made the investment.

3. Crock pot/Slow Cooker- allows unattended cooking of pot roast, stew, and other suitable dishes. There are thousands of recipes out there for the slowcooker. $25-$40
I have even used it for an ice bucket!

4. Rice Cooker- Who wants gooey rice or undercooked rice. Easy to use and saves you a lot of time in the kitchen. $10 and up

5. Garlic Peeler- I just purchased my first garlic peeler at the garlic festival for $3 and it was well worth it. Not only is it easy to use but my hands don't smell for days. All you have to do is place the garlic clove in the middle of the roller and roll. It rubs all the skin off in a matter of seconds!

No comments: