Sunday, August 30, 2009

CommeCa- Los Angeles







I have been to this place several times for dinner and it has always been a great dining experience for me. I'm not sure who was cooking during the day but I was really embarrassed on how awful the food was.
My brother flew into town for the week and I was bragging on how good the food is. We ordered the steak tar tare, oysters on the half shell, burger & frites and halibut salad.
The only thing thing that was edible were the frites (fries) and oysters on the half shell.
The steak tar tare tasted like raw ground beef with a lot of capers mixed with Dijon mustard and chives. I have never had a steak tar tare taste like this nor look like this.
The halibut was cold and overcooked. It had no flavor and it was rubbery. I could of thrown it on the floor and it would of bounced back and slapped me.
The burger had an over abundance of slaw on it and made the burger overwhelming.
I don't know what happened here but I will never go back for lunch.
However, dinner is much better. I plan to find out if there is a new chef and why the food was not acceptable. I will keep you posted.

lunch- 1 out 5 stars
Dinner- 4 out of 5 stars
ambiance 5 out of 5 stars

No comments: