Sunday, August 9, 2009

Julia & Julia


Jasmine eats at Church & State restaurant in Los Angeles in 2009-escargot


Jasmine memoirs through France in 2008


I am so glad that food and cooking is becoming more popular here in the states. I thank God everyday for the Food Network. Indeed, this has inspired a whole new generation of at home cooks, aspiring chefs and googly eye people that have eyes bigger than their stomachs. As my grandmother would say, "Long Guts"... lol'z
Okay to the point. Julia & Julia new movie came out on August 7th and I can't wait to go see it. I thought I may be a loner on this one but I am awaiting a friends arrival from vacation to see this movie. I also read on rottentomatoes.com that this movie is funny and a must see!
The movie follows Julia and Paul Child through Julia's memoir, "My Life in France". After visiting France and tasting their delightful food I can't wait to enjoy 123 minutes on a movie about Julia and Food.
I am also glad to hear that after her museum at The Copia in Napa was closed down this year that her precious items are going to the Smithsonian Institute. That is a true honor!

No comments: