Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cafe Bizou- Pasadena






Cafe Bizou is a seafood and steak restaurant located in Pasadena, California off Raymond and Holly. Last Wednesday we decided to have dinner with our friends before the Christmas Holiday began. To our surprise it was quite busy. Since we all arrived at different times our total wait time was 20 minutes. Not too bad without a reservation and for a party of four. I'd definitely say that Cafe Bizou is a warm and cozy place to be. It's a little bit off the main strip in Old Town Pasadena but close enough to park in the main lots.

For the month of December Cafe Bizou has a Lobster and Steak special. You can order a three course meal for $26 dollars which includes a seafood soup (lobster bisque) or salad, main course of lobster, steak (fillet Mignon) served with a brandy peppercorn sauce or seafood pasta and a choice of dessert.

The food
Lobster Bisque- had a great flavors, it was blended very well and was very balanced. I wish it had a few more pieces of lobster.

Lobster and Steak- Lobster was grilled but nothing special. It wasn't prepared in a special way. It was served with just butter and a few slices of lemon. The fillet Mignon (medium rare) had a brandy pepper corn sauce that was quite delicious and tasty.

Desserts- I originally ordered the tiramisu but it was sold out so I ordered the banana dessert, my guest ordered the sorbet and flour-less cake. I am not a fan of flour-less cake. I have yet to taste one and like it. For some reason the chocolate tasted rotten and felt like mush. I have never had a dessert that I wanted to actually dispose of right away. Thank goodness for the sorbet to clean my palate.

Overall, I would come here again. I appreciated the ambiance and the price of the food.

No comments: