Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mayflower (Dim Sum)- Milpitas, Ca











Dim Sum is a wide range of light Chinese dishes. Dishes are served in small portions and often in bamboo steamed baskets. Dim Sum has always been fun to me especially if you go with the right people. My husband I are were invited by my friends that live in the bay area on Christmas. Mayflower was packed!! I couldn't believe how many people were out eating on Christmas. Unbeknownst to me, the Chinese culture doesn't really celebrate Christmas like most here in America. I think this is awesome for people like me who could careless about Christmas. (I know...Bahhh humbug)
Mayflower is very big in size and probably holds up to 400 people at once. This place was awesome inside. The restaurants has tanks filled with fresh seafood such as shrimp, lobster, crab and geoduck clam. I have never seen live shrimp or geoduck clam so this was very exciting to me.
My favorite dishes are Chinese broccoli and whole fried shrimp. I even got to try a sticky rice wrapped in leaves that was really good. I haven't been to many dim sum places but this was the best one I have been to.
I don't go to many Chinese restaurants in Los Angeles because I believe the best Chinese food is in the Bay Area. So I hold out until I travel up north. I am excited to see what else is out there.

No comments: