Sunday, December 27, 2009

North Beach Pizza- San Francisco, Ca











For the past 3 years I have been trying to get over to North Beach Pizza. Sadly, there is never any parking or some parade going on when I try to go there. :-)
Thankfully it was raining and luck seemed to be on myside. I pretty much got valet parking.
As I have blogged before I love New York Style Pizza which is typically a thinner crust pizza. San Francisco style pizza reminds me of New York. Nevertheless, North Beach Pizza has a medium size crust that isn't too thick where I would get irritated. Chicago style pizza is just disturbing to me. The thought of eating all that dough makes me sick.
Okay back to North Beach Pizza.... The sauce has good robust flavors which is not too tomatoey, too tangy or too thick or too thin. I like for my pepperoni to be a little crispy on the edges. I also like for my mozzarella cheese to be a little salty and stretchy. I don't believe you should have to salt your pizza. The best touch to a pizza is a light sprinkle of oregano which is often available in most Bay Area pizzerias.
This place gets 2 thumbs up and I also suggest their minestrone soup if you are cold, ITS YUMMY!!!

No comments: