Sunday, December 27, 2009

Point Reyes Vineyard- Tomales Bay






Point Reyes Vineyard is located on Highway 1 (Tomales Bay), 40 miles north of San Francisco. Be prepared to travel some windy roads because this is not a straight path.

On our way back from Hog Oyster Island we ran across Point Reyes Vineyard. On our way up the path to the tasting room we ran across some really cute animals on the property. (We will just call them, little Betsy cows)

Point Reyes Vineyards has some really tasty wines. I was able to purchase a late harvest wine (dessert wine) and Red Zinfandel (Belotti Vineyard). The Red Zinfandel notes were very flowery and light. I appreciated how light this Zinfandel was, it was not too bold. Point Reyes Vineyards has a few unfiltered wines and thankfully this one was filtered. I am not a fan of a lot of tanums in my drink.
I am looking forward to inviting a few friends over for pasta after the New Year and serving this wine.
By the time I got to the last part of my flight which was the Late Harvest dessert wine I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I was a little tipsy by then but I did purchase it anyway. The reason was because there isn't a lot of wineries that can pull off a late harvest wine and I know the difficult process in making a late harvest. So I decided to purchase it and will do the review on it later after I drink it.

I suggest anyone traveling to Tomales Bay to stop by and pay this winery a visit. The primary wine in this winery is Sparkling. Unfortunate for me the winery ran low of sparkling wine so they were not pouring it. This boutique winery has wines that are over 10 years old and have aged well.

No comments: