Monday, September 7, 2009

Beso- Eva Longoria's Restaurant











This restaurant has been on my hit list for quite a while. Since my brother was out visiting from Minnesota I figured why not try something new together. For some reason I was under the impression that Beso had more of a Mexican influence but I was wrong. I felt like this place was "pushing steaks" for the main course.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the Chorizo and Shrimp flat bread we ordered but it was pretty good; well executed. Of course, we both ordered steaks. My brother ordered the filet mignon and I ordered the rib eye with the bone in.
The filet mignon was ordered medium rare and was very buttery in texture; can't complain. My rib eye which could have fed a family of four was a little too fatty, had no flavor and needed a lot more salt. I was a tad bit disappointed to say the least. The steaks included three different sauces; chimichurri sauce, cabrales cream (cheese but it tasted like mustard), and bbq sauce. Although the chimichurri sauce was pretty good I have a philosophy that a steak should be able to stand alone without sauce or anything to drown it out.
The waitress recommended two desserts, the "Churro" and the "Nutter Butter".
They were not disappointing at all. The Churros were soft, warm and crispy at the same time. It was very authentic and much better than some street vendors out there. My brother ordered the nutter butter which I only had one bite of because before I could think about taking my next bite, it was gone....... Delicious treats don't last long!!!!
As you can see from the pics above this place is absolutely gorgeous. I didn't get a chance to go to the bar area but I'm looking forward to going back on a Friday or Saturday. I can go on and on about the architecture/decor but this is a food blog. However, if you are looking for a romantic place to go or a chic place to hang out in Hollywood, this is your place! The dress code is strict. They almost did not let us in. Jeans and shorts are not allowed but since it was a Monday and not as busy they were lenient.

Food: 3 out of 5 stars
Ambiance: 5 out of 5 stars

No comments: