Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sirloin & Chuck Burger Recipe



This is one of my favorite recipes from Alton Brown from the food network. I guarantee you will not want a burger prepared another way! Every time I think about hamburgers I think of Eddie Murphy making a joke during his stand up comedy about burgers. After eating this burger you will become a true "Burger Snob". The video is hilarious!!!! Here is the link to the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvoBCr7E5qo

I attached a photo of the burger I prepared and ate last night.
If you are nervous about pulsing the meat yourself, an alternative is to have your butcher grind the meat for you. Do not let them tell you they have their own mix because they can get lazy sometimes and it's not going to taste the same. Trust me!

I suggest going to your local Albertson's, Wholefoods or Henry's in the west part of valley.

Enjoy!



Ingredients
8 ounces chuck, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
8 ounces sirloin, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions
In separate batches, pulse the chuck and the sirloin in a food processor 10 times. Combine the chuck, sirloin, and kosher salt in a large bowl. Form the meat into 5-ounce patties.

Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Place the hamburger patties in the pan. For medium-rare burgers, cook the patties for 4 minutes on each side. For medium burgers, cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side. Flip the burgers only once during cooking.

No comments: