Sunday, September 27, 2009

Houston's- Dallas, TX




I decided to dine at a place that is all too familiar at home, Houston's.
I was so sad when they turned Houston's in Woodland Hills to Kate Mantalini's.
I was also sad when they took the "Peel & Shrimp" off the menu several years ago. That is when I stopped dining there. I was hoping, wishing and praying that it was on the menu here in Dallas. I guess people are lazy and don't want to smell like shrimp after they eat. I have a solution to that problem... lemons and warm wet towels. Honestly, it was the best thing on their menu. It had a fantastic basil dipping sauce. Well I guess I will have to make it at home.

So I ordered a Hawaiian style Rib Eye. Not sure what I was thinking because I am not a fan of meat that is sweet. I ordered it medium rare. For some reason it was chewy. I don't think this meat was aged properly or at all.
I mostly enjoy savory meat unless it's Japanese style BBQ short ribs and even that I have to eat in moderation.

If you are looking for a nice after work dinner place Houston's is your place. They have a decent wine and cocktail list.

No comments: